Saturday, December 25, 2004

i'm living in a real-life jerry springer situation...help!

well, today's been rather irritating (more than most). i went to go see family today (my cousins and my aunt, and i wasn't planning on seeing my dad, but i'll get into that later).

my cousin invited me over to her place for hot pot, and i'd get to see my other cousins and aunt and uncle...and first thing that comes out from my family..."so what's it like having a new half-brother?"

egad.

turns out that my dad was seeing someone in the philippines...got her pregnant, and apparently she delivered a week ago.

one big problem though--if the calculations were done right...the baby would've been premature by at least a month and given the status of health care in the philippines, the baby should've been in an incubator and monitored.

turns out the baby was fine...so now everyone in my family's asking him to set up a DNA test, because the baby shouldn't be doing this well if it were premature by at least 6 weeks!

it also doesn't help that my sister hasn't spoken to me for some strange reason, especially since i think it's majorly fucked up. at least my cousins and other relatives have decided to give me all the low down on things that are going on.

of course, my dad hasn't mentioned anything about it until i went over to see him--call me crazy, but i almost detected a sense of relief in his voice...

now if only the other rumors i've been hearing aren't true...

egad.

No comments: