Monday, June 06, 2005

Going through a weird blue funk lately...

Not sure why. I've been going through a lot in terms of work--being fired from my executive director's job for FTFA for telling the truth about our financial situation; leaving UCSF's doctoral program because I came to realize that I was doing the PhD for the wrong reasons; and now looking for a full-time job. I've gotten some great leads and have been interviewing. I know I haven't done anything wrong and I don't regret anything that I've done.

I keep reading through astrology (and from other people) that I'm going through some transformation and starting to move on into a new phase of life. What that looks like still isn't very clear to me. I guess I'm so used to living my life a certain way and expecting certain things to happen because of it and now everything's been thrown upside down and inside out. Thank God I've got the husband and friends who support me. It's weird because most of this funk is internal and my own shit, and not what other people have done. It's just weird finally leaving the school part of my life behind and that I'm finally moving towards something different.

I'm excited, but still freaked, and wondering if I can actually do it.

Well, we'll see what happens--I have an interview coming up this Friday, so I could use some well wishes and good thoughts. If I get this job, it'd be great. :)

1 comment:

EJ Flavors said...

It's funny, I read blogs faster than I read emails from GLBPOC.

Let us know how the interview goes. I'll be checking you out.