Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Why I don't understand str8 people (part 1 of many)

So I'm currently being the watchdog at a str8 dive on Polk St. called
Vertigo in SF for a bunch of str8 friends for their stuff. Oh yeah, the
husband's with me too, trying to get my friends to sober up.

Anyway, if someone would explain to me why str8 people like dancing to
these songs (especially people in my age group ...*sigh*), I'd
appreciate it. This seems to go across racial lines though it seems to
be either white or whitewashed Asian folks who like to dance to them:

1. White Lines by Grandmaster Flash
2. YMCA
3. This medley of songs from Grease 1 and 2
4. Mambo #5
5. I Will Survive

I'd probably understand it more if they were actually of dancing age
when these songs came out (except for #4), but these people were maybe
7-10 years old in the late 70s-early 80s. I don't get it!

1 comment:

King Anarchy said...

Metrosexual?