Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yay! Getting rid of stuff is fun and profitable!

Unlike my loving husband (whose blog you can see here), I don't have problems throwing shit out.

So in getting ready to move on with the next phase of my life (that is, either medical or pharmacy school), I've been getting rid of a lot of stuff. The main project the past few weeks has been getting rid of all the stuff on my old iMac so I can donate it to my friend's nonprofit so I can get a cool tax write-off.

I've also put nearly all of my old sociology, ethnic studies and Asian American studies books on amazon.com. I've already sold about 8 books and have made about $160 already. I'm getting rid of all the esoteric, theoretical shit that's only good for mental masturbation and not much else.

If you're really interested, go to amazon.com and look up the stuff I have for sale (my user name is eabose).

I still think the husband needs to get on that damn show where they make you get rid of 2/3 of your crap--along with my other friend (who shall remain nameless, but has a famous blog.)

1 comment:

yoshi! said...

sigh...if only joz understood how much fun it is to purge your stuff...i did make her clean off her desk, though!