Tuesday, January 03, 2006

(lack of) New Year's resolutions...

I think this is the first year that I've deliberately avoided New Year's resolutions. Not to say that there isn't a lot that I want to do this year (keep focused on classes and doing things to get myself ready for pharmacy school apps; run another marathon or do some long-distance swim; orient my blog towards something more thematic; do something artistic (sing again or knit or crochet); maybe try kali again; etc.), but I've always been the sort of person to do things if I really want to do them and not put any expectations on myself to get them done. They always blow up in my face if I do anyway.

That's probably why I may ask people for guidance, but I never ask them for advice; nor do I give people advice. If anything, it helps to clarify what I'm planning to do anyway.

Besides, 2006 is going to be better than 2005--even though I learned a lot from 2005, I'm ready to get shit done instead of constantly dealing with my own shit.

No comments: