Friday, March 17, 2006

Another sign time is moving on...

I started taking hip-hop dance classes again after a few months' hiatus at UCSF's new gym, and I ran into my old hip hop teacher, Sarah, who used to be one of the original dancers for Culture Shock-SF, and who is now working on the kids' programs for UCSF's Recreation Department.

We were talking about how we're doing and how we don't dance as much as we used to, and then we saw her son, Kamau. Last time I saw him, he was still in a little baby seat while she would teach her classes. Now, he's about 6 or 7, and running about like a little kid should. As if that didn't make me feel old enough, she then said that she's going to have go into surgery over the next couple years--to get her hips replaced.

I stood there in shock until Howard reminded me that she was close to her 50s already.

Wow, where's the time gone?

No comments: