Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Latest foodie discovery...

Went to Maggie Mudd in Bernal Heights (aka Dyke Heights) in SF and had a "Maggie Muddy Fudgy", a brownie sundae with Mariachi Mambo, a soy ice cream flavored with chocolate, cinnamon and almond candies, and Habanero Chocolate, another soy ice cream flavored with chocolate and habanero chiles. This was after having dinner at Udupi Palace (south Indian vegetarian restaurant) in Berkeley and had a thali, a platter of small vegetarian dishes--I usually get their dosas but wanted something different, though I'm dying to try their 6 foot dosa over at their branch in Hayward.

Lucky (or not so lucky) for me, the habanero chocolate ice cream was way at the bottom and didn't realize it until halfway through when I was wondering why my tongue started tingling after I broke through the brownie. The ice cream was really good, but so frickin' spicy that I had to stop eating it after I took a few bites. Guess I'll have to try it again later...

Also went to Bakesale Betty at Oakland on Saturday and had an amazing fried chicken sandwich and a brownie while the husband bought a loaf of banana nut bread and a pan of brownies. Bakesale Betty was originally a pastry chef at Chez Panisse, and the quality shows. I'll definitely go back. :)

No comments: