Saturday, June 10, 2006

Otherwise known as the _other_ fat gay Asian guy...

So I was over at the temporary home for the California Academy of Sciences over in SoMa last night with the husband and admiring all the cool exhibits out there (and trying not to think about the bio classes I've been taking), when a guy walks up to me and asks if I posted on some website. I look at him, confused, trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about.

It suddenly dawns on me that he thinks I'm Ernie Hsiung, of littleyellowdifferent.com fame.

While I was chewing that over, half shocked that I could be mistaken for him and wondering how the hell this guy could think we look alike, when his boyfriend starts talking about meeting down in San Jose--and then I realize that his boyfriend made these nearly-lethal drinks at a video game party and I got totally wasted to the point where I was showing my tattoo to all and sundry (at least I kept my shorts on) and that I had met them before.

But I was still thinking--how the fuck could they get us mixed up??? Considering that I've never met Ernie (even though I have him on my Yahoo 360 and my flickr), I'd like to think that he doesn't look at all like me.

And I'm nowhere near as famous as him online.

(I hope.)

No comments: