Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada...thoughts...

So I watched The Devil Wears Prada a couple weeks ago to cheer up a friend who's been going through some major life changes, and found myself liking it a lot more than I expected. It's fluff, but it's good fluff, if only because Meryl Streep made the movie (pretty much everyone else in the movie is a throwaway). I waited impatiently for her to come on since everything else seemed pretty formulaic, the story, the characters, etc. At least it featured the Sidekick pretty prominently--and also made me realize how much I miss mine (damn fuckers who stole my old one!).

Without giving too much of the plot line, the main theme seemed to be that no matter what life throws out at you, you're always free to make decisions even if you feel you can't. I guess it's pretty relevant for me, given what I'm going through right now (without giving too much away of that, either :P). I'm just continually reminded that the only constant in life is change, and that it's never too late to appreciate what life throws at you--and to always be proactive.

1 comment:

Mags said...

I'm with you - I only enjoyed the moments in the movie when Meryl was on.