Monday, September 11, 2006

Have to get my asbestos suit refitted!

So for those of you in the Bay Area, I've been featured in the SF Bay Times' front page for an opinion column I wrote about (the lack of) the queer Asian men's community here in SF as part of the San Francisco Gay Men's Community Initiative biweekly column, Sparks. It's not quite online just yet, but as soon as it is, I'll post a link in a future post.

The bulk of the column is essentially a polemic against the queer Asian men's organizations here in SF for perpetuating all the fucked-up -isms here in SF, sexism/misogyny, racism, classism, etc., not to mention looks and whatnot, and how these organizations haven't really done much to promote any sort of community here at all.

If you get a hold of a copy, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

:: jozjozjoz :: said...

Look at you all famous and all.