Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Part 2 of my mansi-cello underway!

So I just completed the second part of mansi-cello, or limoncello using calamansi instead of lemons, which is just making a simple sugar syrup (getting a whole lot of sugar, and some water and boiling it for 15 minutes). I decided to try something different and instead of just using only water, I used the frozen calamansi juice that I had squeezed to get the peels in the first place, along with 2 cups of water to boil with the 3 cups of white sugar. After about 20 minutes, the kitchen had this heavenly smell of calamansi and the syrup was to fucking die for. I let it cool down for a few hours.

While that was cooling, I did a couple of personal bests today in swimming, doing 3040 yards in about 70 minutes and smashed my best time in doing a 20 yard sprint by over 2 seconds (from 16 to 14 seconds) and my coach said I could've done it in 12 if I were fresh and not doing it as my last 2 laps!

Came back home and put the sugar syrup and the decanted infused vodka, shook it, and it looked like fucking limoncello. I'm so excited I might just keep this first batch for myself.

Considering that I also just found out that I should ace both of my classes this semester, I'm feeling pretty damn good right now. :)

No comments: