Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Great belated Xmas presents!

It's been a pretty good Christmas so far, the best I've had in a while.

I got to spend Christmas itself with the husband up in Seattle, and I actually experienced my first white Christmas ever with him, as I actually saw snow falling for the first time--yeah, yeah, I'm a California boy, I know.

It's good to see that he loves Seattle, even if he's having some difficulty adjusting (though if anyone from Seattle knows of any good job leads and can pass them on to me, that'd be great).

Aside from that, I got two great belated Xmas presents. The first was getting an A+ in my microbiology class from New College which wasn't too much of a surprise, but I would've been royally irritated if I only got an A, especially since I would've had to score a B on my final to get an A+, and a C to get an A-.

The second was getting a letter indicating that I made the interview round for UCSF School of Pharmacy. I'm extremely excited about making the interview round (especially since they only interview less than 10% of everyone who applies), but I looked at the time and date of my interview, and it's on the 5th anniversary of my mom's passing away, almost down to the exact hour. I am paradoxically not superstitious and also fairly superstitious when it comes to weird coincidences, so we'll see how this works out.

Wish me luck!

No comments: