Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New College woes *ack!*

So I just read from the SF Chronicle that New College might lose its accreditation as early as next week.

While technically it doesn't affect me since I've already completed all my prereqs for UCSF Pharm, it comes across as a shock that the problems that have been affecting it still haven't been resolved (really, is it THAT hard to implement some kind of hierarchical structure to a university by jiggling the organizational chain?). I remember hearing when I had taken my microbio class through their Science Institute that the profs hadn't been paid for their time the previous month, so I'm wondering what's going to happen.

But in a moment of utter panic, I did order some transcripts just in case the college decides to close. I hope it finds some way to stay open, but if the culture within New College is that recalcitrant to change, then what else can be done?

No comments: