Saturday, March 01, 2008

How do you say...?

So I'm back at work yesterday (sigh) when one of the techs comes in frantic, asking us, "How do you say, 'hold your breath' in Tagalog?"

My coworker and I look at each other (we're both 2nd generation Fil Am, but I don't know Tagalog and she barely speaks it), look back at him, and say, "We have no idea." We end up calling different people and get different answers while the tech rushes out, and calls his sister.

He comes back in, and says, "I think she misunderstood me. She said, 'Hawak ang susu mo!'"

My coworker and I look at each other confused, look at him, and we all start laughing hysterically.

"Yup, she misunderstood you," we both say.

She had said, "Hold your breasts!"

Ok, I'm going to bed...

1 comment:

Rona Fernandez said...

That's what I love about our little Taglish mixed up peeps. Puns. So punny!