Monday, April 21, 2008

Brief updates...

(Realizing that I should probably start twittering if I keep doing this, but oh well...)

o Just came back from a great weekend with the husband up in Seattle, even if it was way too short and way frickin' cold (snow in Seattle in the middle of April?! WTF?!). Made me realize how much I missed him *sigh*, and that it's going to be to his birthday tomorrow and our 11th anniversary after that. Gorged (as usual) at Top Pot Doughnuts, Café Flora, Tamarind Tree and Café Nola (as featured on Food Network!). Found an interesting fried chicken place (that we didn't try since we were going for vegetarian food that night), a really nasty crepe place (only because Ernie talked about it on 8asians), and a really cool Asian grocery store in the International District.

o Found myself wondering if I could live in Seattle, and finding myself really surprised that the answer was "yes."

o My doctor's closing down his private practice and now I have to find another primary care physician (AGAIN). If anyone knows of any good queer male physicians of color who practice in SF who take Anthem Blue Cross or HealthNet, it'd be much appreciated...

o STILL no updates from Hawai'i. At least I know I won't hear from UCSF till mid-May, but still...

o You can now catch me doing karaoke, getting drunk, and eating my ass off--on public TV no less. Click here for the video. I'm featured in the part about Playground, which begins at around the 19 minute mark. Thanks to my friend for making me realize that I look like a dirty old man enticing these young girls to drink with me. My dad would be SO proud (and even more confused about me...).

No comments: