Wednesday, April 02, 2008

iPod thoughts...

So I'm going through my iPod Shuffle and realizing that I have lots of random shit in it: old-school hip hop and freestyle from the late 80s and early 90s; lots of pop music; some classical; ballads; jazz (Ella Fitzgerald, Cassandra Wilson, etc.).

I suddenly notice that one song that I can't place and it hits me...it's a remixed version of the theme from the Super Nintendo RPG, Chrono Trigger, one of the best old-school RPGs ever (click here for the cover). For some reason, hearing the song just makes me really, really happy. And I try to figure out why...when the game first came out, I was starting grad school in Santa Barbara, which is not exactly a happy memory for me. But I remember feeling at 21 the thrill of doing what I thought I wanted to do. And now, at 34, I'm feeling that thrill again, since I'm (hopefully) going to start pharmacy school. Unlike the doubts I had about grad school, I'm very excited to start pharmacy.

The thought of getting to do a do-over at 34 just makes me feel real giddy, even if I still don't know where I'll end up...

No comments: