Monday, May 05, 2008

New layout and other random stuff...

For some reason, I'm liking the color orange, hence the new layout. I used to think that orange looked really bad on me, but for some reason I'm liking it. Go figure.

Random stuff:

o My hip hop teacher's troupe, Funkanometry (where he's creative director), is auditioning for a queer women's hip hop troupe on Thursday. Given that he's been doing a very successful queer men's troupe for the past year and a half, this should be really exciting! I've also heard that some of the people from his troupe are going to form their own group and are auditioning for the second season of America's Best Dance Crew. I'm curious to see how far they'll get.

o People are getting moved off the wait list for UCSF School of Pharmacy, so I'm hoping that it means I'll be called in soon. I know I should've moved up at least 10 spaces or so in the past few weeks already.

o Still no updates from Hawai'i-Hilo School of Pharmacy. (sigh)

o Coming to grips with my apparently rapidly receding hairline, and starting to see how ridiculous it looks to see my hairdresser try to cover it up, when I actually thinks it looks all right. I'm just planning to get used to keeping my hair very close cropped in a year or two so that I don't end up having bad comb-overs.

o Found myself wondering how "gay" looks like, especially since a lot of people have been telling me that I don't look particularly gay. I don't identify as being particularly feminine (and when I do try to be fem, it ends up being more of an affect than who I actually am), but I feel uncomfortable identifying as being butch as well. Maybe it's the whole expectation of what a queer Asian man is supposed to look like, and how I'm so the antithesis of it. It is fun to freak people out when they see me hold hands with my husband and have them wonder...

o Saw Alec Mapa's tune-up at UCSF a week and a half ago before he starts going on tour. Pretty fucking awesome to see an out Filipino American guy from the Bay do hilarious stand up and talk about his experiences in show biz. If you get a chance to see his show, please do.

No comments: