Monday, November 24, 2008

Finding the time...

"If you really want to do it, you'll find the time/energy/resources to do it."

That's what I've been thinking about the past few weeks. One of my bad habits is that I have too many interests and not enough time or willingness to do everything I want.

Which means...there are very few things I really want to do.

First and foremost is trying to get into pharmacy school (obviously). I've already applied to the two schools I want to go to, though I am thinking of applying for Hawaii-Hilo again, just so I have an excuse to go to the East Coast since they're interviewing people there now--or maybe just go to Vegas (since I've never been).

Second is working out and losing weight. After the realization that I've lost 30 pounds without much effort, I'm beginning to realize how and why I eat, how I work out, etc. I really have noticed the triggers that make me want to eat, and how I'm satisfied with eating less. Today, I found myself sad that I wasn't going to be with Howard for Thanksgiving, and also wanting to eat a huge dessert (I had only had a light dinner with my friend of Shanghainese salted duck, and stir-fried gluten, black mushrooms and bok choi). Instead, I just went to Maggie Mudd and had a small scoop of strawberry soy ice cream...and talked out my frustrations with my friend--and felt a lot better. I'm also realizing I'm hitting a plateau and need to do other things to break through it--probably have to do heavier weights and different exercises, and also different aerobic stuff. I'm tempted to do a triathlon, but don't have the time. A friend also challenged me to do an Alcatraz swim with her next summer too. We'll see how my shoulder holds up.

Third is connecting and reconnecting with friends. I'm totally loving my new place and hanging out with friends I haven't seen in a while. Which also leads to...

Four: Cooking. I made a fusion-ish fruitcake, the results of which are here:


I guess other things have to wait for now.

And in case I forget, happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

moye said...

we should have a bake-off. :-D

:: jozjozjoz :: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
:: jozjozjoz :: said...

NHY, EB!