Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Breakup Post with Year 34

I'm deliberately stealing a page from MJ's Annual Breakup Post, well, because she's just fucking awesome.

Dear 34,

I'm not sure what to make of you. You came into my life in the middle of major emotional upheaval and uncertainty, and like most people, when they're confronted with a batshit-crazy Filipino guy do what most people would normally do: grab a bowl of popcorn, sit back and watch the histrionics unfold and stare at the weirdness of it all.

You saw me gain an enormous amount of weight in a short amount of time, only to watch me lose it just as quickly. You saw me go through the anticipation of waiting to hear about pharmacy schools, then get dicked around for months until the final rejection when I couldn't take it anymore. And, you saw me go through the craziness of trying to understand why certain people were getting out of my life--only to see some pretty awesome people take their places. Like a patient boyfriend--who's about to lose his patience, especially since our relationship was ending, and you knew it, you gave me all these really cool things to remember you by, like getting into Hawai'i for pharmacy school. But I haven't forgotten all the shit you put me through.

So I'm not sure what to make of you as I push you away and let Mr. 35 into my life. Part of me really wants to just say, "Fuck you," and gleefully take 35's hand and get on with it. But then, part of me also realizes that you, 34, were there just to let me go through my shit, and sometimes that's exactly what a crazy batshit Filipino guy needs: an audience.

Thanks, 34, for the weird ride--but I don't think I want to go through that again.

Smooches,
Efi

PS If you DO come back again, can you bring back more hot men into my life? I'd really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Min Jung said...

Oh breaking up is always hard to do. But so long as you grow slightly better from that relationship, it was worth it, right?