Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Breakup Post with Year 35

(Yes, this is long overdue--not like I actually have time to write anything given my trying to survive my first year at UCSF pharmacy school. Besides I'm more on my twitter anyway.)

Dear Mr. 35:

Yes, I know you've already left. I've come to the realization that the years are coming in and out a little faster, but I can't help but wish that you stayed a little longer. At least the letting go was gentle, instead of the bat crazy shit that happened with Mr. 34, who I literally had to push out the door.

You opened the door to a new chapter in my life, literally with my getting into UCSF and starting pharm school. I've been thrown headlong back into being a full time student, and while it's probably the hardest thing mentally that I've ever done, it's also been one of the most enjoyable and incredible things that I have done in my life so far. You stood by me as I've begun adjusting to school and making friends with people that I wouldn't expect to be friends with. You made me remember that I should do things because I love doing them, not because of some other esoteric intangible ideal that I'd have trouble explaining to someone. Even as things were thrown my way that if they had happened earlier would've caused me to question where my life was headed, I suddenly realized that I'm very happy where I am, and that the people who need my help don't need saving, they just need my support.

And while I am now totally comfortable with being single--filing for divorce helped, I am thinking that it would be nice to meet another nice guy. Eventually--not now, dear God, not now.

Anyway, I hope Mr. 36 will be just as kind and gentle as you were.

Smooches,
Efren

PS If you do happen to find a nice guy (or guys) my way, I'd appreciate it. You know my type(s).

1 comment:

Scorned and a bit Jaded said...

awwwww i like this :-)