Monday, August 20, 2012

Has it really been that long?

So while I've pretty much abandoned this blog for a very long time, and contemplating starting a totally new blog, I kinda feel like I need to just write (at least for myself) what's happened since my last post from over a year ago.

o I'm already halfway through my final year in pharmacy school, and will be graduating in March 2013 (7 months or so from now).

o Survived all the coursework, the terror of the comp exam, and countless attempts on losing whatever fingerholds I have on my sanity as I shoulder through rotations not to mention crying spells, WTF moments, and numerous inebriated moments.

o Tentatively have a job as a drug information pharmacist for a startup (and for which I'm a consultant) when I graduate which I found through serendipity, and for which I'm totally grateful for since I already love the job.

o Have lost, gained, and currently losing all the weight that I've gained in pharmacy school.

o Ironically enough as I've lost this weight, I finally feel that I'm accepting my body for what it is.

o Dated one guy for a couple months who ended up being a total asshole.

o Seeing a guy for a few months now who is absolutely wonderful, but I'm realizing that I don't want anything more than this awesome friendship-plus that I have with him. Said guy also doesn't want me to lose that much weight--so he's definitely inching towards keeper status. I'd share more but that's venturing towards NSFW status, but let's just say I'm happy being with him.

o I'm also realizing that as I'm finishing up this goal of finishing pharmacy school, as something that I've worked so hard to achieve for nearly 20 years, I'm now having this mini-existential crisis: NOW what do I do with my life? Good thing there's plenty still unfulfilled: traveling; re-establishing old friendships and creating new ones; working as a pharmacist; getting one more tattoo to celebrate this passage in my life; seeing where hanging out with this new guy leads...

So it has been a ridiculously crazy past 15+ months since I've last posted. And like I said, I'll most likely retire this blog (but keep it up for my own sake) when I graduate in a few months, but I want it to serve as a reminder of how far I've gone in the past few years as my life evolved from my mom's death to 2012-2013.

It has been one hell of a ride so far. And I'm still in the middle of it.



No comments: